Vision & Mission
St. Michael’s is a community that passionately knows, experiences and shares God’s love every day.
We bring God’s love to the community by creating a welcoming place of worship where all are invited to learn the mystery of God, by encouraging the growth and development of our youth, and by service through outreach to our community.
St. Michael’s represents the Diocese of Louisiana in the Episcopal Church in the United States and the worldwide Anglican Communion. We celebrate our role as “God’s boots on the ground.”
- Love one another, as Christ loved us. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. (1 Corinthians 13:4)
- As we undertake this journey, God is here to guide us; seek Him out.
- Share our time, talents and treasures. They are gifts to be shared.
- Work together. We will achieve significant accomplishments as a community.
- Respect one another. We treat everyone with integrity, dignity, and honesty.
- Lead by example, as Christ taught us to lead.